Rent a car in Dubai, UAE
Dubai, UAE is known to be a city made for travel by cars. This warrants that you may have to rent a car when you are in Dubai, UAE. And by nature, we would all want to have to have the best possible deal. Car rental services in Dubai may turn out to be a tricky proposition as there is a mind-boggling number of options, rental models etc. out of which one has to decide & arrive at a decision.
Ask these questions and Get the best deal while renting a car in Dubai
Having established the need may be occasional, to rent a car in Dubai let’s look at the ways we can get the best deal. When you renting a car in Dubai the total expense is a sum total of Rental Charges, Out of pocket, Incidentals, and breakdown related charges. Let’s explore the questions related to each of these sub-heads to arrive at the best possible deal.
Rental Charges: These questions make sure that you optimize your rental expenses when you rent a car. A few of the essential question are:
- Rent by Mileage or Time? Depending upon intended usage whether Business, Pleasure or family usage, deciding upon either time or mileage may work towards getting the best car rental rates, when you rent a car. For example, when you are renting a car for business renting by time might be more advantageous as the meeting location, the expected travel time and meeting time & duration are all calculable.
- What type of car to choose? The choice of the car would be governed by the intended usage. Ask yourself when you need to rent a car in Dubai, whether you need the car just for a point-to-point travel or, need an SUV (let’s say) as you are traveling out of Dubai somewhere else in UAE.
- What features do you require in the car? This is again a very important question to ask when you rent car in Dubai, as with each feature an additional cost would be added to the overall rental cost. For example, when you are traveling within the city limits of Dubai would you really need a car with cruise control? Just sticking to must haves would go a long way in securing an optimum deal.
Out of pocket expenses: When you rent a car, make yourself aware of the charges other than rentals to arrive at a total cost of the rental. The typical questions could be
- What are the estimated Parking charges?
- Any Toll [Salik] charges etc.?
- Do you need to refill the car?
Incidental expenses: When you rent a car, be sure to ask about what incidentals are covered in the rental charges. The typical questions could be:
- Does the car insurance cover accidental damage? An accident can never be ruled out when you are driving. Be sure to be aware of whether the insurance covers accidental damage to your rented car and the other car (in case that is mandated by the law).
- Are Emergency & Tow Away Charges included in the rental?
Breakdown expenses: Even the best breed of cars may suffer a breakdown sometime. When you rent a car, be sure to be aware of the breakdown assistance procedure and additional charges, if any. Typical questions could be:
- Turnaround time? Imperative, if you happen to be with your kids you might get stuck on the road because of a breakdown. You need to access what turnaround you might need in case you have a breakdown.
- Availability of alternate vehicle? Would an alternate vehicle of the same or better specification as compared to the vehicle you have hired be made available?
- Would the Time and Mileage be waived off? You took the car and it breaks down. Would the car rental company waive off the waiting time and mileage?